Tuesday, September 18, 2018


Hollaaaaaaaaa.... welcome to my blog everyone^^

In this session, I wanna tell you about my name, the meaning of my name, and also I wanna share you about what name did I choose if I already have a child someday .... So stay tuneeeeee everyoneeeee.....


My name is Fitri Noer Istiqhomah. Actually I like my name, because it has good meaning in Arabic. Fitri has the meaning 'holy, clean', Noer or Nur has the meaning 'light', and Istiqhomah or istiqomah means 'firm establishment'. So, if the meaning put together will form be 'a woman who has a holy light and firm establishment'. 

But there are some things that make me uncomfortable with my name. Why? First, in the name of Fitri. I don't like this name because I think this name has been used by too many people. For example, when I was in elementary school, I had a friend and at the same time became my classmate, named Fitri. And when I was in junior high school, I also had 3 friends named Fitri, so in one class there were 4 names of Fitri. That sometimes makes me confused, especially when there are teachers or other friends who call the name Fitri, surely all of us named Fitri immediately see the person who calling. That is why I prefer to be called Pipit or Vivit, and that also makes me sometimes not respond when someone calls me Fitri, because I am used to being called Pipit since I was child. But there are a few of my friends who ask "why are you called Pipit? from Fitri to the Pipit is far, right?" Yes, actually it's far away. LOL. And as my mother said, the name of pipit appear from myself. My mother said, when I was a child I once wanted to go to the market with my mother, then I said "Mom, pipit wants to come to the market". And starting from there, my family started calling me Pipit.
Second, from the name of Noer. Actually this word is read as 'nur'. According to my father, it's because in the old days the writing of u became oe, that's why my name became a Noer. And it make my friends ask "why not nur?" and when I explained the reason, they asked again "were you born in the past? Didn't you have u in 1999?", and I can only answer "Yes it's OK, even though I feel a little uncomfortable but I think that's unique from my name ". LOL
And the last is the name of istiqhomah that also make me feel less comfortable. Because actually in writing the right Arabic language is Istiqomah not Istiqhomah, and this also makes some writing my name wrong because there is no h after q. But even so, I don't wanna change my name, because I think there is a hope that my parents slip behind my name.

So from my experience, if later I get merried and have a child, I want to give the best name that maybe not many people have used that name. So that if I later have a daughter, I really wanna name her Azrina Nur Shazfa. Azrina means 'good or good love' from Arabic, Nur which means 'light', and Shazfa which means 'success' in Arabic. So if put together it means to be 'a good girl who has a successful light'. I still want to use Nur on behalf of my child later, because my sister, she also has the Nur in her name, so I want my family, especially for women, to have the name of Nur. 
And if I have a first son, I wanna name him Arkan Magdala Pratama. Arkan, which has the meaning of 'glory' in Arabic, Magdala comes from Greek, which means 'happy', and Pratama, which means 'the first child'. So if it put together the meaning of being 'the first child who is glory and always happy'.

Actually I wanna slip my husband's name behind my children's names. But still, if I have children later, I have to discuss it first with my husband later. ❤ 
And the most important thing is, the name is also a prayer, a hope from parents to their children so that the child grows like the meaning of his/her name.  
And that's my story about the name of my dream if I have children later. So, thank you for visiting my blog everyoneeeeeeeee......


No comments:

Post a Comment