Saturday, February 23, 2019

International Journal of Text-Selection for Teaching Reading to ESL Tertiary Students: A Study on Genre and Content Preferences

Hallooooooooo.....
Welcome back to my blog, everyone^^
How are you today? I hope you’re always fine and happy^^

As you read the title, today I would like to review and describe a little bit about the content of the international journal that I’ve read before. But for today, I will discuss until  introduction. So, for the other parts, I will tell you soon. If you wanna know, keep stay tune on my blog^^
But before I review and describe about the journal, I wanna tell you about the reason why I choose this journal to I review today. Actually, I like reading a book, but the book that I read is like novel or tell about the story. And if someday I’m being a teacher, I’m curious about the strategy to teach reading in my classroom, because I know that some students maybe don’t like reading. So, I looking for the international journal about that and finally I found it in the application, named Owplus that I’ve downloaded it in Play Store in my phone.
There are some parts in this international journal, that are:
·           Part 1 : Title
·           Part 2 : Abstrac
·           Part 3 : Introduction
·           Part 4 : Statement of the Problem
·           Part 5 : Review of Literature
·           Part  6 : Method
·           Part 7 : Finding
·           Part 8 : Conclusion
·           Part 9 : References
·           Part 10 : Abstract from another language

Part 1 : TITLE
In the title, there is include about an information of the author such as, full name, name and address of the institution and also the author’s e-mail address.

Part 2 : ABSTRAC
Abstrac is a complete, comprehensive and clear summary of the entire contents of the journal and usually written in italic. So, by reading the abstract, the reader can already have enough understanding of the entire article. Abstrac write in one paragraph and must be complete with focus of study, methods, results and conclusions. Under the abstract included keywords. Keywords is very important words or phrases that describe the scope of the discussion. Usually keyword contains between 3-12 words and written in italic too.

Part 3 : INTRODUCTION
This is a part which explains about the case that will describe in the journal. The content of the introduction of this journal is tell us about that reading is the most important skill for all learners of university. Because when learners can read comprehensively, so they will more understand about the text. There is an observation that tertiary learners in Malaysian, they have problems in read their academic book and have limited critical ability, so finally they can’t really understand and fail to catch the meaning of the text.


I think just enough for today and keep waiting on my blog for other discussion. I’m sorry if there are so many mistakes. Thank you very muchhhhh. See you later^^

No comments:

Post a Comment